QUOTE OF THE WEEK: "Close you eyes, clear your heart, cut the cord." THE KILLERS

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Fri\Sat\Sun

Friday morn  10am


My visits to my HP have slowed now that I dont have a company car. Its about 12 miles from my house. That, and the fact I cant stand my beater car I bought. Many times I try to talk my wife into using the car so I can have her Escape.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
Check out the steam coming off the water in the pic. It was about -3 degrees.
Saturday had three of us brave the 5 degree heat to ride about an hour and forty minutes. Seems as I get older, the group gets older and they are thinking the same thing I am and our tolerance to extreme weather riding is going down. But at least Im still good to go......
Several times I was thinking about pulling my camera out for a pic but it was too damn cold. I would have to pull a glove off to do it so that was out.
Saturday 945am

I did take a pic as we left the restaurant just for proof. It was 5 degrees when we left and 7 degrees when we returned to the store.

Im pretty sure I would not do another -8 ride again but at least Im still man enough to ride single digits. Which is more than I can say for most of the group.

Sunday 1030am
Sunday morn had us out on the ski trails of my HP. We had to start earlier than I wanted due to the football game. Kinda a big thing around here theses days. Some starting the party 3 hours before kickoff.

But not before I spent some time outside. My employee Ben and his lovely wife Liz (to whom I sold my first Project Madone) joined me. It was the first chance for me to ski my best groom yet. With the heat wave hitting close to 13 degrees when we were done only added to the experience. A good time was had by all.
As I type its noon on Sunday and I gatta get home to prep the couch for the game. 
Packers\bears in the NFC Championship is way bigger game than whatever the Superbowl will be.

If in fact the Packers make it to the Superbowl, Win or lose doesn't matter cuz they beat the Bears to get there. But Im not the kind of guy to let a loss ruin my weekend. Win or lose they had a great season. And that statement coming from a stockholder.


But I hope for a Packers\Steelers Superbowl. 
Cuz that would be a great win for the Pack.
Go Packers.....
Kinda weird cuz by the time you read this it will be all over.....


DLD

1 comment:

  1. Commercial right now, Packers 14 Bears 0. Go Packers!

    ReplyDelete