QUOTE OF THE WEEK: "Close you eyes, clear your heart, cut the cord." THE KILLERS

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blizzard

Borrowed pic from Rev Jim H.
The latest from DANOville is the "blizzard of the decade". It did in fact swing farther south as expected and I was disappointed. Just not the devastating "white death" as promised from the weather dudes. They always talk this shit up so much that when it gets here its a disappointment.

Never the less its still a snow day here and everyone is digging out. I dont know.... maybe 8 inches last nite and 6 the nite before. But the drifting was pretty awesome.
I could not open the door to our house this morn. Over 3 feet of snow against it. I busted it open as much as I could ( maybe a foot.) and pushed my wife out to shovel it open. 
Its still blowing a bit but as of noon all the roads were passable and plowed. 
South tword Beertown and Chicago got more. Lucky!

I am looking forward to laying down a new groom at the State park later this aft. After such a snow it is just breathtaking in the woods. The best is the first pass thru. When there's a ton of snow I just run the snowmobile thru a few times before I hook up and its just beautiful back in the woods.
I'll take some pics......

DLD

No comments:

Post a Comment