QUOTE OF THE WEEK: "Close you eyes, clear your heart, cut the cord." THE KILLERS

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Christmas in Spring.......

For me?
To run a successful bike shop in winter you need to bring the inventory down. Way down. Even a slight miss calculation can be a disaster. I start this process in late July. I did pretty good this winter.

Our truck driver did not want his pic taken. We like him cuz he delivers the bikes!
Then... you hold off as long as you can to stock up.... and when its time you open the flood gates and let the cool bike stuff pour in. Thats whats been going on in the store of late. Everyday is Christmas this time of year.
And like all bike geeks I run to greet the UPS guy and hurry to open the boxes like a 5 year old. Then I run around the store yelling stuff to the others like "you see this?" or "look how much nicer this is this year" or "Im getting one of these". Truly like a kid in a candy store. For real.
The others just look on and laugh.


Although there is a lot I want one has to show resistance. I fully understand I have to sell this stuff to pay my wages.
So I try to keep my pilfering of product to a minimum.


But as in any shop owning bike geek the budget does include the gathering of a few products.
Like these Bonty RXL road shoes.
White and gold.
They are now mine.
Got in another hour and a half on the bike yesterday. Feeling better with every ride.
Im up to 4.5 hours this week already and the temps are going to rise a little everyday.
While the weight is not coming off I am not too concerned as it should as soon as I get a few good weeks in and keep it rolling.

Will try to keep attitude positive.

DLD

No comments:

Post a Comment