QUOTE OF THE WEEK: "Close you eyes, clear your heart, cut the cord." THE KILLERS

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Favorite Time of Day

845am
My favorite time of the day is early morn in the store. Hours before its open. All alone with all lights off except a desk lamp and my computer.

Very quiet. Very calm. Relaxing. Not quite as relaxing as my Happy Place but a close second.

I do my best work during this time. I open up my point of sale software and I look at every sale that went down while I was gone. Every one. No exceptions. Its my sound tedious but with the system I have its not.


At this point, Thursday morn, I have about 60 hours of work in already between the store and my job. Thats gatta stop. I have to start cutting back on my driving (day job) very soon as the store is getting very busy and I need to be here more. Its just hard to pull the plug on the day job. But I need to get over that.


Lets talk bikes. For years I have debated with many people about rolling resistance of tires. We all think that a smaller, lighter tire with a ton of air rolls the best. And I am talking a 23c tire. Smaller foot print right? I have now seen enough real data to make the switch to 25c tires. Im not an engineer but reading report after report changes my mind. Maybe its not a big deal for the skinny guys but for me I think its a good thing. Im ordering a set for my Madone today.


Speaking of Madone. Ive been starring at my 6.5 hanging in the window since last November. And I really want to ride it soon. I have to lose a littler weight to feel better on it but Im hopeful I can. 
Im thinking (as I do every spring) about a short journey south. Maybe when it hits a steady 40 around here I can take a shorter drive to hit the 60's. Any suggestions? Has to be a 10 hour or less drive. MO,KY or TN? A nice area for 2 days of riding would be cool..... Really want to do it for real.


Who's with me?
Cross bike ride for me today.....


DLD

No comments:

Post a Comment