QUOTE OF THE WEEK: "Close you eyes, clear your heart, cut the cord." THE KILLERS

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Not Very Pretty Right Now

HP bike route. Under water.
March in Wisconsin always has me wondering why I live here. The weather takes a turn and puts us at least a week behind again.
Summer here is awesome.
Winter here is awesome. 
Spring just is so not.
This morn its sunny, as if to apologize for Tues\Weds. Still cold tho.


 We received about 3 or 4 more inches after this pic was taken yesterday morn.
Its a mess.

And all the salt was washed off the roads, only to dump another shit ton again.
Along with the riding (training) now in a holding pattern, this also puts the store back another week.

In hindsight, I might have been better off waiting for April 1st to hit the store as I originally planned. But once it hits 50 degrees (like last week) its on like donkey kong. Sales go up and I think its go time. Only to be fooled by springs false alarm.

Ive lived here my entire life so you think I would know better, right?

So now the store is back into temporary hibernation and I will wait for for the roads to dry off to once again be able to suspend me on skinny tires (34c).
This down time is not entirely wasted...... I have 26 bikes in the basement to build.

Bring it on.

DLD

No comments:

Post a Comment