QUOTE OF THE WEEK: "Close you eyes, clear your heart, cut the cord." THE KILLERS

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Right Now.

849AM 
As spring creeps in. Took my first of about a million sun off the lake pics today. Had a great walk along the beach. Thinking. But usually when Im here thinking its because of some crisis Im in. Or some big decision to make. My happy place helps me with that stuff.
But today I have no crisis. Nothing to decide. 
So I just think.
About how my life has changed again and again. 
Who could have guessed I would end up owning a bike store. Not me.
I think of other people I know who have been doing the same thing every day for 20 or more years. Same job. Same hobby. Same everything.
While that might be comfortable to some people, its out of the question to me.
Most of my current friends know me as the "bike Dan" but this is really the third version of myself since birth (version three point 0).
But I am happy to be here and hope to stay awhile. 
But in the back of my mind I sometimes wonder what 4.0 will be. It would be naive of me to think that this is how I will spend the rest of my life.

But I have a ton of time to think about that later. For now Im going to enjoy where I am right now. On the beach, looking for eagles and getting blasted by the sun.

DLD

No comments:

Post a Comment