QUOTE OF THE WEEK: "Close you eyes, clear your heart, cut the cord." THE KILLERS

Monday, March 14, 2011

Weekend Update

Had a pretty good weekend on the bike. Saturday had the breakfast ride in spring mode. No more beach, woods too wet.
So for the guys who do not have a beater road bike they are destined to ride full on road with their MTB's. Nobody really cares too much.
So its a mix of road, MTB and cross for the next few weeks. Dry roads. 40 degrees at start and 36 degrees at finish. (?) 
I needed this. This is what I was bitching about missing the last few weeks. I got a good ol' ass whoopin'. Huge wind gusts at times. I had to work hard just to keep up with the skinny guys on MTB's. And I knew that going in. But being a tough ride for me was just the ticket I needed and Im not in so much of a panic mode anymore. I was sore all the way until Sunday morn. A good kind of sore. I feel better now that I know I can ride on a regular basis and start getting in some miles.
Its really not to late.
2.75 hours on Sat, 1.5 hours Sunday.
Weather dudes predicting almost 50's by the end of the week!
And sun!
Will take today off but its game on!

DLD

No comments:

Post a Comment