QUOTE OF THE WEEK: "Close you eyes, clear your heart, cut the cord." THE KILLERS

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

31 years.

745am. Took this pic without getting out of the car!
So today is my wedding anniversary. Not counting a few "breaks" inbetween my wife and I have been married 31 years. Thats a long time. And while its not always been good its pretty good right now. And looks good moving forward.
Im a strong believer in that humans are not meant to be together an entire lifetime. That by nature we seek changing environments. I believe we get bored much sooner than we think. And suffer in a bad situation way too long before we change it. You only have one life to live.
I am getting way too deep here so I'll stop. Anyway, I did what any guy would do on their 31st. I bought her a car. A 2011 Kia Forte'. 37mpg. Pick it up this aft.
But before you give my any props I'll mention I too am getting something out of it. It means I'll get to drive the stores Escape full time and not have to share it anymore. And we really needed a car after I had to give my company car back in January. My 16 year old daughter benefits also as she also gets a full time car. Its a win\win\win situation.

I did not ride yesterday. I must be getting smarter as I get older. Giving that crappy cold one more day to improve and it did. Feeling good enuf to ride this aft. First since last Thursday when I flatted. Hope for two hours around 2pm

Store is doing well with the swing towards spring. Sold two Madones this week alone. Pretty cool. And the bike fitting is doing well too. Im starting April 15th and have 4 sessions lined up soon there after. I like doing that. Its fun.

Alas it might be short lived. I hear snow in the forecast for the weekend.

For real.

DLD

No comments:

Post a Comment