QUOTE OF THE WEEK: "Close you eyes, clear your heart, cut the cord." THE KILLERS

Monday, May 16, 2011

Dominating Weather (and a deer)

Have never photo'd a deer on the beach. Until Sunday.
Had a lot of time on my hands this weekend. No riding. So I made up for the void with multiple visits to the HP. Sunday I got this pic of a deer running along the beach. I have seen the tracks (check several posts ago) but never actually has a chance to take a pic. Until Sunday. Seen him coming,  pulled the camera out, turned it on and took the pic in less than 15 second. 

Sun! 835am today.
I again returned this morn for an extended stay due to the sun. Its was out for the first time in days. No fog or rain today. I hung out to try and make up for lost time.

Making up for lost time seems to be the theme this spring.

I know I complain about the weather a lot. But the weather has such a huge impact on my life. Im pretty sure more than most.

First off, it for sure affects my business. With temps still in the 40's (39 here this morn) the store is just not as busy as it was a year ago this time. I know its not sales lost, just sales postponed but still. 

Then there's the ride time. I know we are all in the same boat here. I ride in spring for weight loss. To burn calories. If I get a little bike fitness with it then thats a bonus. But really, I need to stay extremely active to lose weight. Diet alone does not work for me. Just when I start to get things rolling with maybe two nice days in a row, we get hit with 5 days of cold\rain\fog. I am not an indoor rider. I just cant do it so I must wait for the weather is nice enough to ride. And be nice enough to ride in my daily window to do so. I remember weeks in March that I got in 10 plus hours. I have not been on a bike since last Wednesday.


And Im not a very patient guy. But all we can do it wait for it.

And complain as we are waiting. Tonites low is a predicted 35 degrees.
Could be worse. Could be Lake Tahoe at 28 degrees and snow.

DLD 

No comments:

Post a Comment