QUOTE OF THE WEEK: "Close you eyes, clear your heart, cut the cord." THE KILLERS

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Long Haul Trucker/Track

One aspect of early Julys Secret Training Camp (STC) is a small but self supported bike tour of northern Wisco. Once again I will spend a few days bummin' round the north woods on a bike.

And that means I gatta get going on my Long Haul Trucker. I picked this bike cuz it a 26in wheel and I had my old Fuel downstairs with pretty good stuff on it doing nothing. So I raped the Fuel for its wheels, BB and crank, brakes, rear derailer and headset and seat. The rest will be new. Using Kenda 100psi 1.5's for tires.
Getting Surley front and rear racks. That means Im not using the Burley trailer this time and going full panniers. Im waiting on a few trinkets and parts to arrive but think it will be done by the weekend.

Today was a glorious sunny visit to the HP. But the stay was not long as I have a ton of stuff to do. Including a hour and a half drive down to the Kenosha track tonite. Its SBC nite and Im gonna be giving stuff away. Its all fun. I might leave a bit early and lay down a few laps but am not racing. Not ready for that. 

Here I am back in 2009. Finishing in the money. One of the highlites of my meager racing career. You could not slap the smile off my face.
Maybe end of July to make my triumphant return?

We'll see about that.

DLD

1 comment:

  1. That's a really great shot, Dano! You were looking pretty good, and riding well. too. Let's kick this conditioning program into high gear, got to be ready to peak in October/November for cross season!

    ReplyDelete