QUOTE OF THE WEEK: "Close you eyes, clear your heart, cut the cord." THE KILLERS

Friday, June 24, 2011

Schedule (bad at)

835am
Happy Place visit was welcomed today. Its been a few days plus needed to wind down from yesterdays race. Its a busy day for me. Setting up chairs and tents and getting things together. Helping with race setup in the morn.  Corner volunteer check in was in the store, and I had a raffle to give away a bike. Things like that add up during the day. Im running around all day long. I was wasted at 8pm. Still feel it this morn.
The day went well in most respects.  All day rain kept the crowds down. Not a monetary good day for the store. A lot of people walking thru. No buying. Store employees spend a ton of time watching races. Productivity at a all time low. But its expected so I look past it for one day.
As I crawl back in the store this morn the real work begins. The bathroom is trashed. About zillion people used the bathroom yesterday. And since nobody else will the store owner gets the glamorous job of  bathroom maintenance. I consider it one of the perks of owning.

Yesterdays race was going to be the start of a whirlwind for me. Get the road race done and start packing for The Subaru Cup at Mt Morris. Long story short I am not going to the MTB race. There was just no way I can be able to do so. So Im ditching the entire MTB weekend and just want to relax and ride this weekend. Its been a week since I saw then sun and its supposed to show its stubborn self the next few days so Im going to take advantage and get a little recharge going this weekend. I am extremely relived to have decided not to go to the MTB race today.
Another thing I considered was Saturdays Downer Ave race. I have not missed this race in 8 years now. I will be there. Fo Sho.

Have a good weekend, hope you (and I) get a bit sunburned.
DLD

2 comments: