QUOTE OF THE WEEK: "Close you eyes, clear your heart, cut the cord." THE KILLERS

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Leaving on a Jet Plane....

115pm
Cross bike is close to full race mode. Had an awesome ride yesterday. About an hour on the road and an hour in the woods. Behind the bike is the river where Im watching the otters play. They did not show on this vist but thats OK as I got that pic in the morn. 
I little on this bike.
I thought my green Madone was light at 15 pounds 10 ounces.
This Cronus is at 16 pounds 1 ounce as it sits here.I will throw on a carbon bar and stem top get this bike sub 16. A cross bike sub 16! Thats nuts.
Its unbelievable when you hop a barrier and pick up the bike. You can notice the lack of weight pretty easy. I am in love with this bike. But keep in mind its going to be sold in a month. Demo pricing.

My thoughts are elsewhere today as Im leaving for Vegas this afternoon. I am pumped to able to attend Crossvegas tomorrow nite. But really, thats about it. Vegas is not my kind of place. Strangely Im kinda bummed. Just not feeling the Vegas excitement that most would. I'll go as far as to say I hate Vegas. Not a big fan of the Interbike either. Most of you might not understand that. How could you not like a huge convention hall filled with bike stuff? I dont know. Its just too big. Too many people. Your fighting for every inch in that place. Product reps pulling you here and there. Theres a booth 30 yards away you want to see and it takes you 20 minutes to get there. After some time of this I bail. You dont learn anything. Its too much in such a short period of time. Overload. So Im not as pumped as I was other years and would not have minded skipping this trip.
If it wasn't for Crossvegas. 
Whenever someone asks my about Crossvegas just watch my eyes light up. Anybody who is somebody in the cross circuit is there. Euro teams send riders. Ten thousand people watching. Pro riders from every genre are there. If not racing then watching. I sat on a grassy hill next to Willow Koerber last year.  Im kinda buddys with the directer, Brook Watts. I get VIP passes every year. Even if you are not a fan of cross you will be after attending this race.
 I hear its being broadcast live on some site (not sure where). Racing this event is high on my bucket list (yeah.... Im old enough to have one of those...). I'll post a ton of pics from my phone on facebook tomorrow nite.....
But other than that race.........
I always get a rental car and try to get out of town as much as I can.  A drive thru Red Rock. Maybe a drive to the Dam. They have a new bridge I want to see. Its huge. 
Gonna be home before noon on Saturday. Leaving the computer home so its all facebook till then.

Later
DLD

No comments:

Post a Comment