QUOTE OF THE WEEK: "Close you eyes, clear your heart, cut the cord." THE KILLERS

Friday, October 21, 2011

Just a bit of a gloomy day. This morn I headed into my basement and went thru all my cold weather clothing. Some I could not find. A few articles I forgot I had. Im gonna ride today.
Yesterday I put in over 12 hours of work so I could take it easy in that respect today.

I am getting ready for winter. My trusty winter steed, Pinky, has been pulled from the basement once again to be resurrected for crappy weather riding. This years version is a 1x10 complete with new 105 levers and Dura ace rear derailer (I know thats not how thats spelled) and cassette.

And then I will stop riding my Superfly and Cronus, and its all pinky till spring. Gatta sell those bikes anyway. Next week I will set up a post about Pinky. This is one of the only bikes I own and has been in many configurations. Winter bike, cross race bike, touring bike. Its the bike I used to tour back in 2008.

Its been with me thru good times and bad and I would never sell it. really, its not worth much money anyway. But is like gold in memories. 

Waiting about an hour to see if it will get past 45 degrees, than will pick thru my clothing and go for a ride. 2 hour solo for today. Then.....

Will be working on my cross race that's just about a week away. Goona make some barriers today. How fun is that....!  Also planning on attending a few cross races this weekend.....

As long as it does not interfere with my riding...... that comes first this time of year. This is the time of year I try to fight off weight gain. As mammals we go into a pre winter weight gain program. I do my best to fight it and a step up in riding helps. But its hard to do when that first blast of fall temps hit. Less sunlite has me easily depressed and that does not fair well with my eating habits either.

My only defense is ride more. So I try to do just that. In fact Im going to do just that right now.

DLD

1 comment:

  1. The thermometer said 36 yesterday morning when my bike and I left for our school commute...and it will only get worse.

    ReplyDelete