QUOTE OF THE WEEK: "Close you eyes, clear your heart, cut the cord." THE KILLERS

Friday, January 6, 2012

Yellowstone called.....

915am
Two pretty awesome things to talk about today. First...
Had a  very nice Pug ride over to HP this morn. 45 degrees at 9am. Of course I over dressed.
But it was a good two hours of road, beach, woods and other..... No eagle today.

Second, I got a phone call yesterday that one would not expect.
Back in 2008 I applied for a summer job in Yellowstone Park. I didnt get it but every winter they send me a email to update my resume with them. I did so about a week ago.
Yesterday they called and asked me if I would be interested in managing their bike rental shops thru out the park. From May 15th into September. What an opportunity!

While I have not said no yet there is no way I can. What would I do with the store? And no way could I pay my bills on that wage all summer. Its just not feasible....

I would have to lease the store to someone else...at least for the summer. Which is the busiest time of the year. At minimum, hire a manager that will work for profit sharing only.....
 I would have to take an extension and not pay my mortgage this summer...
Most likely run up a credit card.....

Its about 10 bucks an hour. 40 hour weeks. Room and board in the park would be cheap. About 250 per month. And lots of perks. And just about the best backyard one could ask for.

Im trying not to think about it a lot. This is going to be one of those "life" things that one will regret not doing. 
I know I cant do this, and its not any one's fault that I cant. But I will always wonder "what if". Right down to my last thoughts of my life.

Again, I have not said no, and have time before I officially turn them down. Which I will do.
But man...... think about it. What an awesome summer that would be!
Im not going to sleep well for awhile..... 


DLD

2 comments:

  1. Another award winning photo. Think of all the photo opps. at Yellowstone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I'm trying not to.......

    ReplyDelete