QUOTE OF THE WEEK: "Close you eyes, clear your heart, cut the cord." THE KILLERS

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

945am (vintage)
 Happy Place visit: check. Bald Eagle sighting: check. Take today's pic: check.


Every winter, at some point, I think of going somewhere warm to ride a few days. I know a lot of people who do. Just a long 4 day weekend. Someday I hope I can do that. I "fake" plan a trip just to see what it feels like. Really, the only time I get out of town is Vegas for Interbike in Sept. I think Interbike should be in February. That would be nicer for riding. 
Yes. I know I should not have these.
Above is mementos from my two favorite canyons for riding. Only problem is that I never turned a wheel in any of them. Either walked or drove. And both are basically accessible from Vegas. At Interbike.
I had toyed with the idea of going to San Luis Obispo this winter. That was short in thought. Money was a factor. 
I did come close once.
I actually had tickets to fly to Cali to watch some of the TOC a few years back. It was still in Feb then. Personal issues had me give those tics up at the last minute.

And the winter we are now having also makes me reconsider. Next few days back in the 40's. That means that I only have to drive 8 hours south to get the 50's (or more).

Or not have to leave at all. The riding is good here in Wisco. Come on up and join us!

Pray for snow instead.........

DLD

No comments:

Post a Comment