QUOTE OF THE WEEK: "Close you eyes, clear your heart, cut the cord." THE KILLERS

Monday, March 26, 2012

Week End

Saturday Aft. Tree down.
The weekend started out a bit slow as wet, foggy weather had me ditching the group ride and waiting till closer to noon to ride on dry roads. After hanging out in the store for awhile I grabbed Pinky and headed for the woods. 

845am
It was a bit wet but not too bad. Its been a while since I have been in the woods near my HP and found that there are a lot of trees down over the trail and elsewhere. The sandy soil there makes it hard for trees to stay put once the get kinda big. Lots of trees like the one above all over making it a pain to ride as you are constantly getting off the bike. I still use the trails there but just to head over to the HP. I used to spend hours doing laps here, now just minutes passing thru. But still, was my first spring ride in the woods. Liked it.

Knowing that the hour and a half I got in Saturday was not going to cut it I watched the weather and heard that Sunday was going to be the day to ride early. So I grabbed the Madone and headed out to get more saddle time. Temp showing around 55 so I dressed for 60+ as I headed west and away from the lake.
Then the sun went away, winds turned from the east(off the lake) and temps dropped15 degrees. And at the time I was at least 20 miles out and needing to push the head wind all the way home. Needless to say I froze.
But it was the longest ride to date and was really needed as I noticed I'm feeling better on the bike at the 3 hour mark. I rode almost 3 and a half with about 50 or so miles in.
Actually, I'm not real sure of those numbers as my Garmin's battery went dead.
I hate when that happens.

I don't need a Garmin to tell me my legs were plenty sore after.

DLD

No comments:

Post a Comment