QUOTE OF THE WEEK: "Close you eyes, clear your heart, cut the cord." THE KILLERS

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

810am

Another quality visit to the HP this morn. Sun. Eagles. Cranes.
Soon this place will be bustling with people. And I will lose it for awhile. When the kids get out of school it will be hard pressed to find a place to quietly hang.
I do have new spot picked out tho. Nice view of the lake and the dunes. And only about a 30 yard walk from the car. I tested it out today. It fits fine.

Today I have help coming in the store so Im planning a ride. I really need to ride the Madone as I have not thrown a leg over it for almost 10 days now. And its going to be gone in a few weeks. Along with the new D3 wheels. Need to put some more time on those before they go. That, and its going to be warmer today so thats just a pleasant road ride. Cooler temps later this week will put me in the woods. And thats not a bad thing with the first WORS race coming up an two weeks.
No way will I be ready for that.
Two weeks ago I was on track to be but that fell by the wayside for some reason. Which is par for me. I get in two great weeks of riding, start to feel results and then spend the next two weeks sitting at home and wasting those efforts. I really need to stop that.

Most of the time I need a push. I need to get in the group rides. I cant blow those rides off thinking I'll ride alone the next day. That ride never comes. And I need to plan these rides early cuz I'll get to the store and get involved in some project and neglect the bike. I do that way too much. Soon it will be warmer in the morn and it will be easier to get in a couple hours before the store opens. Since Im old Im up early anyway.

So I'll prep the Madone soon and go.
Me, myself and iPod.

DLD

No comments:

Post a Comment