QUOTE OF THE WEEK: "Close you eyes, clear your heart, cut the cord." THE KILLERS

Friday, April 6, 2012

815am Coffee, sun and beach!

Today I'm one year older and like most people my age do not want to make a big deal of it. Just another day I guess. I scheduled myself in the store from open to close today. No bike ride.
I did spend some time in the HP this morn and since I'm now 52 years old I spent a little more time there in thought. Nothing specific. Just thinking.
I was thinking how weird it is that I have this morning routine of having my coffee almost every morn on the same spot of beach (give or take 100 yards) and if I'm not able to for a few days how it now affects me.

I think everyone needs their own little "thing" and this is mine. And I like it. Soon the kids will be out of school, temps will be up and summer will have me sharing this place and time with others.  I don't really like it but understand. Besides, I have a little spot nobody knows about and use it only when I have to.





A got the Accent racked yesterday. I think it will work out well. As I mentioned, it had four tabs on the roof. Pull off those plastic tabs and it has provisions to hard mount a roof rack that Thule has a fit kit for. Very nice. I'm not sure if I would have put a roof rack on this car if it did not have that.



The two bikes are customers. I offer a pickup and delivery and do that in the morning before the store opens. Just another service nobody else offers here in town.



As much as I will try to have a normal day I know it will not be. I think how strange it is to have people I don't know wish me well on Facebook. While I do participate in the Facebook games, I really am not a fan. Its nice for a few reasons but along with those few nice things carries what I think is a overload of crap. Crap I don't need or want to know about. But I guess I will take the good with the bad in that respect.



So tomorrow I plan on the Saturday group ride. I hope to get in at least 3 hours on the Madone. 
Then to the store for work.
Sunday looks cooler and windy so that's a perfect time to MTB in the woods.
No guarantees but I promise to do my best.
Have a good weekend.


DLD

2 comments: