QUOTE OF THE WEEK: "Close you eyes, clear your heart, cut the cord." THE KILLERS

Wednesday, April 25, 2012



The saying go's that the older you get the higher your stem. That's been true for me. If you look here you will notice my bar and seat are just about even. True, I can actually can ride fine with the bar about 2cm's lower and that's most likley what my Domane will be.
But this frame is what Trek calls a H3.
Treks Projects come with 3 different head tube sizes about 20mm apart. This is the highest. And is perfect for the long century rides.
Plus to get the seat to bar ratio you dont need a stem that points to the sky. That just looks dorky on a road bike. So you get a relaxed ride and still look cool.
Thats important.

Put in a good 2 plus hour yesterday. Surprisingly felt good. That is, until I stepped on the scale this morn. This weekend did some damage. And with that I start over again.

But my legs feel good so I didn't completely reset to zero. 

I have been bouncing between the Easton EC90's and the Bonty D3 wheels. Both clinchers. Trying to get a feel of which one is better. It might be like splitting hairs but I will have an opinion on these wheels soon. I can say today they are both awesome.

Today is wheel gluing day. I have been appointed the tubular king of central Wisconsin. I do quite a lot of them. I seem to get most of the wheels from about a 100 square miles around the store. I dont mind. Someone has to do it.
I have a "craft shirt" that's covered in glue. I wised up after ruining too many good tshirts. 
So, its craft day here today. That usually means a little swearing.
I don't swear a lot by nature. But try stretching a fat rubber band around a rim that just seems too big will do that to a guy. Sometimes you just need to get angry to get the job done. Where is mean guy when I need him?

Time to get into the "tubular mindset".

DLD

3 comments:

  1. Too late. Im done glueing for the day...... thx anyway tho.

    ReplyDelete