QUOTE OF THE WEEK: "Close you eyes, clear your heart, cut the cord." THE KILLERS

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Again another day with high potential for riding and Im still down for the count. Sun and warm temps already at 8am. I have not been on a bike since Saturday, and only twice in the last 14 days.

All momentum is lost.

One month ago I was up to 14 hours per week and two rides over 3 hours per week. You just feel better on the bike with each ride.

Throw in a busy work week, along with a washed out weekend backed up with getting sick and you lose all momentum pretty quickly. At least I do. Today as I sit here, Im still running a small fever and feel like my head weighs 50 pounds. Im going to try a small ride this aft. But really all I can hope for is to ride by the weekend. And hope to be able to ride well enough to start the process over again.
I may complain about it now but I might be pleasantly surprised to see how fast I regain where I left off.
At least its nice to think so....

One would think by the way I talk I ride for a living. I kinda do. But I don't need to ride fast for a living. Well, kinda fast if I want to keep up with the group.
A week from this Saturday there is a special longer Saturday group ride that they do a few times a year. Its close to 90 miles. And I have never attended. The most I have done this spring is 60 something twice and I was pretty sure I was on par to tackle 90. Now Im not so sure. I guess I'll make another last minute call based on what happens between now and May26th.

As far as store stuff go's, I used this time off the bike to do an office makeover. Just kinda rearranged the furniture so to speak. I now have both computers on one desk so I can multi task better. So now thats done I was considering cutting my grass at home.
I'll think about it.... at least I will be out in the fresh air.

DLD

No comments:

Post a Comment