QUOTE OF THE WEEK: "Close you eyes, clear your heart, cut the cord." THE KILLERS

Monday, August 6, 2012

file foto
Most days I go to the HP out of routine. Just part of my day. Like riding a bike its just what I do.
But some days I go out of necessity.
Today was the latter. And thats all I have to say about that.

Saturday had me on the the group ride and it was good and bad for me. On the way out I did well. Got dropped once but not bad enough that I could not get pulled back in. Even did well on a few hills.
One pretty good hill usually has me off over 100 yards but Saturday it was less than 20 and I got back in in around 30 seconds. Thats good for me.

I put in some good efforts that had me finishing up less than 30 seconds when we got to the restaurant. I was spent. I pretty much emptied the tank and knew on the way home I would not be long for the peloton. And that was the case as I was off in less than 20 minutes after we started for home.
But thats fine by me. 10 miles to go I completely ran out of gas and had to soft peddle it back. A good workout for me. And some nice results on the way out. Maybe I will be ready to race in a few weeks?????

Sunday had me rolling solo for 20 miles. I had the Domane at home so it was nice to not have to drive to the store to ride. The weather was great as all the humidity was gone. I was a bit tired having to attend a family wedding the nite before. Im just not used to staying out late anymore. Im old.


I mentioned a few days ago I just got the Motorola ACTIV and have been using it. Being a Garmin fan since 2005 I am trying to keep an open mind and after a few more rides I will give a full report. It just takes a bit of time to figure stuff like this out and there is things I still have not gotten to yet. But initial reports are good. Time will tell if it replaces my Garmin 500.
If that happens you will be the first to know.

DLD

No comments:

Post a Comment