QUOTE OF THE WEEK: "Close you eyes, clear your heart, cut the cord." THE KILLERS

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

TOUR TIME (again)

Turned flash on for effect. Prepping once again.
Today my thoughts are pointed back to touring. Thursday I leave for my second really long bike ride of the year. Prep has already started. Bags are being packed. 
I pretty much will carry the same stuff I had last time. However, I might add some cooler weather clothing. What a contrast to last months tour.
I will never forget July 5th, 2012
Im expecting some cool comfortable days here. Right now its my annual tour of Door County but in the back of my mind I would like to make it to Washington Island and hit up the Red Cup coffee shop. That would depend on how far I go the first day and if I maybe could leave a bit sooner. Not sure I will have the work front squared away to leave sooner. I'll try.
Originally I had planned a lap around Lake Michigan but thats over 10 days long and I just do not have the time for that now. Bucket list.
This will be a nice 4 to 5 day tour. North along the lake. Roads I know real well. Just riding and looking at stuff. No 104 temps to battle. Piece of cake. I borrowed my trusted employee Ben S's Chromebook that runs off of Verison so I hope to have Internet everywhere.
This will be the last tour of the summer for me. 
When I return all thoughts will be on attending a few races to end out the summer. Two or three WORS races and Chaummy is in my future.
I am trying to save the best times for last this summer so I hope I succeed in that. So I have a lot on my plate in the near future.
And I like that.
845am

DLD

No comments:

Post a Comment