QUOTE OF THE WEEK: "Close you eyes, clear your heart, cut the cord." THE KILLERS

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

910am
Another gloomy day. Wind and rain is ending the colored leaves reign in the woods. Now, all the late bloomers that I have been watching have a yellow carpet under them, which is pretty cool in itself.
The thought of riding today is nixed cuz of the mist. Hope things clear up for tomorrow.

I don't know why but I put out another Lance post yesterday. I was bored. Store was slow.

I guess bottom line is that love or hate, everyone needs to learn from this and move on. 

This week I need to order my demos for next year. My Superfly is already ordered with a late January ship date. My Domane is going to be ordered this week. Also with a January delivery. Its going to be pretty much the same. Except for wheels. Im going to rock a 90mm  D3 dish in the rear and a 70 in the front. I pretty much ran 50's this year. I hope I can hold onto it on a windy day. Since I weigh over 250 pounds I should have no problem. It takes a lot of wind to move me. And Im pretty sure it will have some green in it.

Thats about it for bike stuff. I am T- one week from setting up the cross country ski's. And then the store will settle in to full winter mode. Its a slow time between the seasons right now. No biking and no skiing. Really, just have to sit tight and wait for the first snow.

Iceman is just a week and a half away and Im bummed about not going. I have not raced a lot this summer. Not one WORS race. But the two I did were good ones being Ore to Shore and Chequamegon. Iceman would have completed the Midwest triple crown for me. I guess I can consider that a goal f or next year.  And Im a guy with very few goals.

Another dark spot today is the fact that I lost my Oakleys over the weekend. I have done that in the past but I never concede for a few days in case it turns up but this morn I called off the search. I sell the things and they are still expensive to lose. Another thing to order this week.

Getting close to picking a new location. Thats exciting. I'll try to carry that excitement at least till noon today. 

DLD

1 comment: