QUOTE OF THE WEEK: "Close you eyes, clear your heart, cut the cord." THE KILLERS

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

MTFB

Mountain Fat Bike (MTFB)
Since its Tuesday I'll make believe the lack of post yesterday was due to a 3 day weekend. It was not. But it was partly due to a bike ride so thats kinda close.
After last Wednesday when I over cooked it a bit, then was a bit sick I was not sure how my riding was going to go this weekend. I was pleasantly surprised to get almost 8 hours in counting Monday morn.

Im feeling better on the bike with every ride. This week I will try a longer ride again. Maybe tomorrow. I feel if I just lose about 10 pounds I will be back in the game. At least as far into the game a 53 year old Clydesdale can get. It will be a bit yet before I get there but at least I know I can now.

Im a bit unsure of what I want to do for a MTB. The Superfly I want is out to July. I could wait for it. Or I could get a Felt today. Or I could wait till August, just a month longer and get a 2014 Superfly. That makes the most sense with Treks demo program.
But if I do that I will go most of the summer without a MTB. Unless you count the fatbike. Then its a Mountain Fat Bike, or MTFB for short.
Really, when you put these bikes in "summer mode" they are slower than a cross country rig but not by as much as you think.
When you run the lighter stuff on them I think they are fast enough to become a trail rig. Not the fastest thing in the woods but doable.

I checked out the first WORS race with the new fatbike category and was disappointed to see only 8. That will change I hope. However, if I do race that bike it most likely will not be in that category. Its a open category and those guys looked fast on paper. I'll stay in Clyde.

So Im unsure really of what I want to do this summer. I really do not see me going an entire summer without a fast MTB. But with the three options I think waiting for a early 2014 makes the most sense. Im sure I'll change my mind.

I always do.

DLD

No comments:

Post a Comment