QUOTE OF THE WEEK: "Close you eyes, clear your heart, cut the cord." THE KILLERS

Monday, July 29, 2013

COLD

file foto. Not that sunny today.
I think I used this pic before. Whatever.
Fairly uneventful weekend. Cold temps had me shuffle my schedule around all weekend. Saturday never made it to what could have been my last road group ride of the summer.

It was 51 degrees at ride time and I just did not feel like heading down to the basement for my fall riding stuff. 

So I waited an extra hour and headed out solo. After 5 miles I turned back freezing my ass off.
So then I waited until 2pm and found some arm warmers somewhere. Put those on and rode about 30 miles. Still was cold but tolerable. Here in town it did not hit 60 degrees Saturday. Northern parts of the State had record lows for July. Almost in the 30's.

Sunday I had planned to ride up to my mom in Green Bay but ditched it. Too cold. Headwind. Rain. Just a crappy day. I did get in a 25 miler in the morn tho. Both rides were the last rides in the Felt F1. Its a great bike and I would not hesitate to get another. Especially with the DA Di2.
But as in all my bikes. Time to move on.
Its MTB and cross bike time.

This week Ive decided to take a few days off and will be headed north somewhere late Tuesday thru Thursday.

The crappy weather has slowed the store a bit so not much ordering to do. I'll spend the day working ahead in the paperwork dept so my desk is not that painful to see when I get back Friday morn.
Maybe a quick cross bike ride tomorrow morn, then Im off.

DLD


No comments:

Post a Comment