QUOTE OF THE WEEK: "Close you eyes, clear your heart, cut the cord." THE KILLERS

Thursday, September 26, 2013

BIKE RIDES

1005am
Both yesterday and today I got out for rides before the store opened. Both days in perfect weather. Yesterday on the MTB. Today on the cross.

Im amazed on how better I feel after riding just two days in a row. As opposed to two days a week.

My cross ride is about the best ride I can do from the store. I for sure do enjoy riding the MTB but its always a drive to destination. And thats fine and all. But riding a cross bike right from the store is just so convenient since  I dont open till 11am now. And when Im done Im right at the store, ready to work so I can ride way longer.
A two hour morning cross ride consists of about an hour on the road and a hour in the woods. And as a bonus I end up down by my Happy Place so I stop and sit a spell. If Im not smiling when I start I sure am when Im done.
I am going to do this a lot this fall.

As I mentioned many posts ago I am in the middle of the busiest Fall I have ever had. With my cross race and Interbike down, I have just two items left and they are the biggest. In a little more that a week we have out MTB race weekend. Thats super busy. And kinda looking forward to it being over.... But its fun to do at the same time. After that I am marrying off one of my daughters the third week of Oct. Thats taking quite some time. Its going to be a big wedding. And expensive.
So I have my work cut out for me in the next 3 weeks. But the store is slow enough now to make it all a bit easier. This week is our last Sunday open.

Then...after the dust settles its time to ride. A lot.

DLD

No comments:

Post a Comment