QUOTE OF THE WEEK: "Close you eyes, clear your heart, cut the cord." THE KILLERS

Monday, September 23, 2013

INTERBIKE (PT 3)

The show.

Sure, the show is the headliner of the trip. Supposedly.
I go to it. For about 4 hours. Actually, 3 and a half this year.

I have my three or four booths I want to see. Felt had a great one this year. But really, I get that done in about 2 hours. Then I try to walk around awhile.
I stay until I cant stand it anymore. A million people, bumping shoulders. Its quite a task to move around the place. Hard to do.
I do look at stuff and I think the coolest new thing a saw was all the new roof racks that used big suction cups. Fit on any car. And their were some pretty cool ones. But I would be a little hesitant to put my $10k bike on that. But they must work fine. There were several manufacturers doing it. Thule included. So the must be safe. I wonder how to lock the bike tho?

I guess we will know soon enough.
Other than that it was the same old. Except with newer stuff.

"I must break you"

With Crossvegas Wednesday, there was a street crit on Thursday in the Mandalay Bay parking lot, adjacent to the show. Back in 2009, the first year I went, they had this and it was lame. This year it was on the National Crit Series calender and it was not lame. Many teams there. The course just tooled around the parking lot lined with temp fencing and seemed dangerous. Many riders dropped either by crashing or just saying screw this. Anyway, United Healthcare pretty much assembled with a few laps to go and took the win. It was actually a nice race and I hope they build on this and make the race stick like the cross race.

So that was the extent of the show for me. Another year in the books. And while Im not a fan of Vegas (will write about that next) and dont soend a lot of time at the show, there is still enough here to bring me back again. Someday.


DLD

No comments:

Post a Comment