QUOTE OF THE WEEK: "Close you eyes, clear your heart, cut the cord." THE KILLERS

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

WAIT FOR IT

Yesterday. 1029am
915am
Today when I ride after work, will be the 8th day in a row I swung a leg over a bike. The riding streak just seems to keep on going.
But that streak will come to an end I think when the race prep ramps up. And that really starts tomorrow afternoon.
So a morning ride will be in order. Now that I open at 11am it seems so much easier to ride and still get stuff done in time to open.

Im considering opening at noon.

Yesterdays cross ride was a classic. One of those rides when you did not need to be back at any specific time. I just tooled around for almost 3 hours.Stopped in my Happy Place and hit the lake at a few other spots too. I even threw in a few intervals. You know I was feeling good to do that.
Im looking forward to more of those rides soon.

And it has to be soon. The trees have started to turn here. To me its a bittersweet feeling. Soon the trees will be peak, but after that its all gone. I would think Northern Wisco is close to peak right now.
And that means game on. And whoever can spend the most time outside wins. And in that respect I intend not to lose.

Although I do have some obstacles in the way. Of course, the race this weekend puts me outside but I wont have a minute to myself. Once thats over, I have a week until my daughters wedding. Thats a big deal. My wife will spend a lot of time on that and will be unavailable for travel. So I hope this weather holds for awhile yet. It looks like I wont be heading out of town for fall for quite some time. End of the month.
So I hope this fall thing waits for me. Another three weeks.

I wont be holding my breath.

DLD

No comments:

Post a Comment